British Columbia Museum of Mining: Britannia Mines National Historic Site Concentrator No. 3 Rehabilitation.
This report chronicles the five million dollar rehabilitation of Britannia Concentrator No. 3 between September 2005 and the spring of 2007 by the Britannia Beach Historical Society in association with TRB Architects. Concentrator No. 3 is one of the last gravity fed mills left in North America and was a feat of engineering and architecture at the time of its construction between 1922 and 1923. The rehabilitation project aimed at stopping the deterioration of the building consisted of a basic structural upgrade and the creation of a weathertight skin for the building. It is a story of ingenuity.
- Return to Our Work
- Client: TRB Architects
- Year: 2008